These are some of the issues that Ralph Nader stands for according to his website:
- Adopt single payer national health insurance,
- Cut the huge, bloated, wasteful military budget
- No to nuclear power, solar energy first
- Aggressive crackdown on corporate crime
and corporate welfare
- Open up the Presidential debates
- Adopt a carbon pollution tax
- Reverse U.S. policy in the Middle East
- Impeach Bush/Cheney
- Repeal the Taft-Hartley anti-union law
- Adopt a Wall Street securities speculation tax
- Put an end to ballot access obstructionism
- Work to end corporate personhood
Ralph Nader is the idealistic man in a non-idealistic world. Those of us that grew up in the 60’s and 70’s vividly recall that world of idealism. And yes, purely on the issues he is.
But I just can’t do it. That is, support or vote for Ralph Nader. He is dead on with every one of my issues.
And why can’t I support or vote for him (besides the fact he is not electable)?